Poems on Tap – I will bring my typewriter and write poems on demand for the occasion and poems personalized for each guest. Parties, receptions, graduations, birthdays, holidays, any occasion. Scroll down for examples!
- Common Ground Food Co-op Poets on the Patio, Saturday, October 19, 10:00 to noon
- Private wedding, Thursday, October 31, 2019
- HandMades Sale at the State House Inn, Friday December 6, 2:00 to 7:00 and Saturday December 7, 2019, 10:00 to 5:00
I am Jim O’Brien. I publish under the name James Escher. My poems have most recently appeared in Pegasus, Bear River Review, Pilcrow & Dagger, and The Tishman Review. I live and write in East Central Illinois, where I am co-organizer of the Champaign-Urbana Poetry Group, a weekly poetry workshop.
Here’s a fun one from The Handmades Sale in Springfield December 1st/2nd
For this one, a young woman with a big camera threw down a challenge. She said, “I’m going to make this hard for you; I want a poem about this pack of tissues on your table.”
Tuscola Odd Market November 4, 2017
Makers on Main, Downtown Urbana First Friday, August 4th/First Sipyard August 2nd
March 11th, 2017 in Springfield, IL during Art at 835 pop-up art show
Poems on Tap Boneyard 2016 at Jane Addams Bookshop
- At Love For All Poetry Crawl: Feb. Urbana First Fridays in Cafeteria & Co., downtown Urbana from 6:00 to 7:45 on February 1st
- At the 2nd Annual Guys’ Night Out hosted by Yellow & Company in Mahomet from 5:30 to 8:00 on Friday, February 8th
- At the Frabjous February Home Show hosted by Hooey Batiks, 905 S. Lynn St., Urbana, IL from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday, February 9th
- At the Allerton Park and Retreat Center Annual Spring Soiree Fundraiser from 4:00 to 9:00 on Saturday, May 18th